Folks, I could whine about the price of gas, or the demise of my latest knitting venture, but for real: I have still not heard from my best friend from high school who has lived in New Orleans for ten years and just last week announced her move to her brand new place on Prytania. The lack of power and phone service in the area means that I can't get ahold of her family-- my second family-- either. And now I hear on NPR that the Port of New Orleans is a wreck and that could affect the coffee imports!! So really, I've got a lot on my mind, which means, no blogging, but surprisingly: a lot of mindless sock knitting. I've been chugging away on Retro Rib Redux, and plotting to start my next pair of handknit socks.
If only it were cold in NOLA! We could all be knitting hats and socks for the now-homeless. What can we do? By now we all know to donate to the Red Cross, etc, so I won't bother linking since I know you've already done it. Let's all just do like we did for the Boxing Day Tsunami, and keep our ears to the ground to find out what else we can do to help in the coming weeks and months.
I am not a Mississippian by birth or breeding, but only by the grace of God. I spent eleven humid, hot years of my short life there, and so I know that there are several places and people that are close to my heart that are now in crisis.
Thursday, September 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you and Lauren.
Post a Comment