Wednesday, September 28, 2005

missing Stitches

I am mad that I missed Stitches this year for ONE REASON alone: I missed seeing this shawl in person. (For real, go look at the post, because I don't want to hotlink but the link is, well, HOT.) Another view of the fabu shawl. I know a lot of you are thinking "Twelve skeins of Koigu!? Where do you think I work, a yarn shop?" Well, yeah, you probably do (or are contemplating the takeover of one nearby). Look at that thing! It's gorgeous! Who wouldn't love making it? (Okay I accept the fact that, unlike me, not everyone loves working on size 3s and 2s. But the YARN is gorgeous, and the lace pattern is pretty but not distracting.)

So I missed Stitches. I've seen posts in bloglandia about it, but none of them really make me want to thump myself for deciding not to go. After all, I've got Vermont's sheep and goats to look forward to, as well as a plane ride with Agent Gray as my seatmate. I'm still not sure what projects to bring, but am beginning to worry about what clothes to bring: I haven't seen my long-sleeved shirts in forever... where are they? It's been such a LONG summer!

3 comments:

gray la gran said...

fly naked, bring sock yarn and needles! remember K.I.S.S. go casual, we'll be around little critters. wear the same thing everyday, to save valuable luggage space for a pygmy goat or handspun! there's not going to be a banquet to dress up for. this is NOT stitches ;) will it be cool enough for a devil hat though? hmmm ....

gray la gran said...

i kissed a llama! it's your turn now ;)

Anonymous said...

oooooooohhhh, shawl of perfection! would you, shawl of perfection, be looking for a good home? I know one... in california... in encino.... heh heh