Wednesday, September 21, 2005

whoa nelly!

Hey, y'all! (And that's the LAST time you'll ever see me write "y'all" and mean it.) Berroco has published a new book of patterns where each pattern is named after a chi-chi college! Guess which college corresponds with the sexy, silky-soft off-the-shoulder pullover?



Yeah, yeah, I've heard it a million times: "Smith to bed, Holyoke to wed." That's an old adage, by the way, and by "old" I mean "out-dated, superannuated, and not at all applicable to the current circumstances." [img courtesy of Berroco]

Otherwise, I've been fixated a bit on board games, of which I own three: Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit (Genus III), and Twister. The Scrabble board is ancient; I think the tiles actually have cuneiform on them, but it's quaint in its way. The TP is the secret weapon I used to employ in order to let my boyfriends know that I was tons smarter than they were, no two ways about it. (See Smith College reference above.) The Twister board is actually why I bring the whole deal up: I want to latch-hook a Twister-board rug, preferably in colors less primary and more suited to my home decor. Wouldn't that be HOTT!!! I wouldn't normally be thinking of latch-hook, but Whitney Lee and her work has been stuck in my head since I read about it in Venus magazine ages ago. She uses her skills to juxtapose the "exotic" and "mundane": soft-porn imagery on latch-hook rugs. You can buy kits! Holy crap! Anyway, I know a full-size Twister board is a big project, having hooked a few small area rugs in my day (not pr0n, though), but if I ever hope to have one ready for my hardwood-floored mansion, I'd better start now. The White House does have hardwoods, right? Who wouldn't want a President who latch-hooked her own Twister-board rug? That could be my ENTIRE platform. "Vote for me, because I'm not only a crazy liberal but I will throw the BEST parties!"

In the meantime, I'm a castin'-on fool, as I've cast on and knit (a few rows at least) for two different scarves from Scarf Style. Later on I might find the will to take pictures of the whole deal. I am determined to have at least ONE handknit scarf all to myself this winter. I'm still working on the linen lace, and am a few rows away from finishing the final sock toe of Retro Rib Redux, which will then be blocked and put away for future gift-giving. :D

No comments: